Born in Ukraine in 1915. Studied in the Kunst Akademie, Berlin, Germany and the Academy of Art, the Hague, Netherland. In 1948 he made his home in Canada.
Has executed a number of pieces of sculpture commissioned by various institutions: Canadian Government, the University of Manitoba, St. Clemens University in Rome, Italy; Junior High Dr. Leo Mol’s School, Tacherting, Bavaria, Germany; Technical High School, Eindhoven, Holland. Designed and executed over 80 stained glass windows.
As winner of international competitions, has been commissioned a monument to Taras Schevchenko in Washington, D.C., which was unveiled in June, 1964 and a monument to the same post in Buenos Aires, Argentina, unveiled in November, 1971.
Has executed a number of busts: Hon John D. Diefenbaker, former Prime Minister of Canada; General Dwight D. Eisenhower; Pope Paul VI; Pope John XXIII, Cardinals Slepiy and Tisserant; painters of the Group of Seven; A. Y. Jackson, Fred Varley, A. Casson.
Work found in permanent collections in Hamilton Art Gallery; McMichael Canadian Collection in Kleinnburg, Ontario; Art Gallery of Toronto; Winnipeg Art Gallery; Riveredge Foundation, Calgary, Alberta; Peter Whyte Gallery, Banff, Alberta; Vatican, Italy. In private collections throughout Canada, the United States, England, Germany, Italy and Holland.
Received awards for scuplture which include: prize in the competition for the sketch of the monument to the late Sir Robert Borden, Ottawa, 1953; purchasing awards at the Hamilton Art Gallery in 1957 and 1959; Honorable mention at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 1956; second prize in the competition for the monument to T. Shevchenko in Winnipeg, 1959; the Allied Arts Medal of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, 1960; first prize in the International competition for the monument to T. Shevchenko in Washington, D.C., 1962; the Jacob C. Stone Prize for a classical figure at the 50th Annual Exhibition of the Allied Artists of America in New York, 1963. Centennial Medal of the Canadian Government, 1967; first prize in the competition for the monument to T. Schevchenko, In Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1969.