Graphic artist, painter, and writer. Attended Kyiv Drawing School and then (1896 onwards) MIPSA under Konstantin Korovin and Valentin Serov. Graduated with silver medal from the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow under Stanislaw Wyspianksi, and Yu. Mekhoffer (1904). Lived in Chernihiv (1905-1917, and 1919-1925) and in Odesa (1925). 1903 onwards participated in exhibitions. 1905 onwards taught at the Chernigov (Chernihiv) Seminary. Wrote short stories and theoretical essays; illustrated periodicals; portraitist (e.g. of N.F. Beliashevsky and N. Shpraga). Cofounder and professor of USAA (1917-1919); professor at Odesa Art institute (1925-1953). Member of ARMU and Odesa branch of AKhChU (1920s). Portraitist of Ukrainian cultural leaders such as Ivan Franko, Volodymyr Sosiura, Pavlo Tychyna, and Natalia Uzhvii. Made ceramic designs for the Dulevo and other factories (1937-1939).