Studio and monumental sculptor. Studied sculpture at KKhl) under Fedor Balavensky (1909-1910), B. Edwards, Giugo Zaleman, and Anna Golubkina (1911-1914). Worked in various styles and media (1911-1917), reflected in works such as Renaissance and Portrait of a Girl. After 1917 responded to the Soviet government’s call for didactic sculpture with works of Socialist content, including Peasant (1929) and Epitaphs to the Fallen Freedom Fighters (1927). 1920s onwards contributed to exhibitions. Member of AKhRU. Taught at the Kyiv Art and Industrial Union School (1924-1935), Moscow State Institute (1931-1932, 1934-1941), Kyiv Textile Institute (1934-1935), and Kyiv Art Vocational School (1947-1949).