Painter, graphic artist, and caricaturist. Born April 2, 1923 in Lviv; died December 16, 2003 in New York. He studied art at Edward Kozak‘s studio in Berchtesgaden, Germany (1946-49), at the Cooper Union Art School in New York ( 1949-54), and the Campanella Academy in Rome. His first solo exhibition at the Galerie Ror Volmar (1956) in Paris was followed by exhibitions in New York ( 1957, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1968), Paris (1959, 1963, 1976), Milan (1959), Toronto (1960, 1983), Boston (1973) and elsewhere. His satirical cartoons and caricatures appeared in the journal “Lys Mykyta” from 1954.
Selected Collections: Palm Springs Desert Museum, California; Vermont Art Center, Manchester, Vermont; Bibliotheque National, Paris; Ukrainian Canadian Art Foundation, Toronto; Ukrainian Museum, Rome; Ukrainian Museum, New York.